NTU-SBF Centre for African Studies Category: Research
Maritz Africa Intelligence has produced a number of research reports and case studies for the NTU-SBF Centre for African Studies in Singapore, a trilateral platform for government, business and academia to promote knowledge and expertise on Africa, established by Nanyang Technological University and the Singapore Business Federation.
The mandate of the Centre is to develop awareness of Africa as an investment destination, and to develop thought leadership and capacity for doing business in the continent. It includes bringing Africa to Southeast Asia and Singapore, the latter being positioned as the gateway into Southeast Asia.
Reports produced for the Centre include:
1) Unpacking sub-Saharan Africa’s online retail industry
2) Examining the opportunities and challenges in Africa for private equity firms
3) Expanding into Africa through a franchise model: The experience of Soda King
4) Doing business in rural Africa: Strategies for success
5) Can off-grid electricity power Africa?
6) Investing in Africa’s future champions
7) Beyond selling Samsung phones and Hyundai cars: South Korea wants to be Africa’s industrialisation partner